DSF are committed to provide innovative products that ensure optimum service performance and reduce customer operating costs.
The development team have experience across a wide spectrum of applications, and foster close links with Institutes, Societies and Universities to ensure best practice, and maintain DSF's position at the forefront of refractory technology.
Technical service is an integral part of the development function, providing a direct path to application awareness, product performance and continuous improvement. These are the foundations upon which further developments are built.
In partnership with our customers, DSF experts offer advice, solutions, and monitor installation and product performance. In some cases this evolves into a complete audit of refractory use, and has in all cases resulted in direct cost benefits.
Our philosophy of supplying the optimum product for an application often involves "tailor made" innovative compositions and design where appropriate, an approach which is fundamental to our customer relationships.
Joint development projects are welcomed and confidentiality is guaranteed.
DSF Technical Services - Rotary Kiln
Our motto is; "there is no monopoly on good ideas", and testament to this are our recent and ongoing developments:-
- Supreme corrosion resistant products for colouring forehearths
- Low modulus (E) products for high kinetic deformation in rotary kilns
- Spinel compositions for borosilicate glass
- Tin bath blocks, novel chemistries
- Chrome overcoating for melter fluxlines
an extensive range of test facilities available including:-
- XRF Chemical
- XRD Phase
- Physical properties, bulk density, cold crushing strength and apparent porosity
- Hot modulus of rupture, hot and cold stress/strain characteristics
- Thermal shock
- Thermal expansion
- Thermal conductivity
- Corrosion tests, static and kinetic, crucible and finger
- Reflected light microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy
- Pore size distribution
showing Micro Cracking